Saturday, April 7, 2012

Coincidence?

Before I get into Munich though...you know that age old saying "it's a small world"? Turns out thats true, even in Europe.  Yesterday alone, we ran into three different groups of people that we met in three different cities in the past two weeks. Crazy! The first was on the train from Prague to Munich: as we were getting on the train and trying to figure our where to sit, a couple that we met on the train from Vienna to Prague saw us and came to say hi. They are our parents age, from the midwest and are traveling around for a bit after the guy had a conference in Prague. They were great train company on the way over and we were happy to see them again.  The second was a planned meeting, but still random: a few days ago I got an email from the hostel we stayed at in Vienna saying that one if the guys in our room had accidentally taken my rain jacket and wanted to get in touch with me to return it, so I email him and incredibly we were planning on arriving in Munich the same afternoon and staying in neighboring hostels (you also have to remember that we changed our plans from Berlin to Munich two days before we got there). So nice they got in by train they swung by to give my jacket back, which was so nice to have since it rained in Munich (honestly I hadn't really noticed it missing before he emailed me, it had be so nice in Prague!). The third run in was with two sisters that we met in Rome who are traveling around together: they were checking out of our hostel in Munich as we were checking in. Its too bad because they were quite funny (they are from Australia and as a general rule, we've found Australians to be hilarious) and we would have loved to hang out in Munich with them.  Anyways, we thought that all of that was worth mentioning. But really, how strange is it that we managed to see all of them within one afternoon? I would say the chances are pretty slim, especially since we weren't going to even be there in the first place. Honestly, it made us feel pretty well connected and popular in a silly way. We managed to meet three very different pairs of people that all liked us enough to either go out of their way to just say hi or do me a favor (did I mention Munich was about 48 and rainy? Brrrr. I don't know what I would have done without that jacket!) and the other pair was genuinely sorry to be leaving, just as we were sorry to see them go. It's like that awkward middle school feeling where you realize that people actually want to be your friend and that you fit in! 

No comments:

Post a Comment